Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
Knowing me...
Lady28
Our Voices...

Life Journey...

- September 2005 - October 2005 - November 2005 - December 2005 - January 2006 - March 2006 - April 2006 - May 2006 - June 2006 - August 2006 - September 2006 - November 2006 - December 2006 - February 2007 - March 2007 - April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - December 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - April 2009 - May 2009 - July 2009 - September 2009 - December 2009 - January 2010

Connections to My Life...
Shidah MonkeeWrench Naaz PinkMonkie MasterWong 7YearsLater Dedication4 '07

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Of Ailments and Diseses..

Only the fifth day of March and here I am beseiged by numerous ailment; the uncontrollable hot-then-cold fever, the TB-patient-like cough, the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't wax-caked eyes, the wanna-be-ulcer-infested throat and the I-exist-less-than 24h patchy, red, itchy rashes.

The worst was the former; one minute I was cleaning up my kitchen, fit as a fiddle, and the next thing I knew, I was lying on my sofa, wrapped up in comforter, shivering from an unbearable coldness and yet, my temperature zooming sky high!

But then again, the rashes can be a tough competitor too! I was recovering from the throat infection (which I believe is graciously passed to me by PinkMonkie), so still under medication, I had dinner with PurringFeline, P.H.Y.S.I.C.S and Queen Laneige (PinkMonkie on MC. Heehee..) at Fish & Co. And voila, I started scratching like some mad monkey (pardon me, PinkMonkie) and the next thing I knew when I went to the toilet, my whole face and body were red! Swollen.. patchy.. itchy.. red rashes! Of course I went berserk; I have to meet some biological guardians of my Goonies the next day and I can't afford to look like one disease-infested freak! The three of them were sympathetic, with PurringFeline kept forcing me to drink water to flush out the toxic from my system. I scratched all the way home and when I got home and looked at myself.. shudder! I leave that to you to imagine. But Allah is merciful and the next day when I woke up, the rashes were gone! Except for some which were at my feet. By the time I had strained my voice talking for about more than 2 hours non-stop with these biological guardians, the rashes were gone; the only discomfort was my aching throat, telling its master JUST SHUT UP! I'M STRAINING HERE!!!

Today, I'm still alive and breathing (not even kicking.. sigh..) but I don't know how much more of these ailments I can take. I'm only 29 and yet, these diseases seem to have an affinity with me. I have the highest MC rate so far (5, anybody can beat me at that?) and it's only March. I wonder if it is a sign..

2 What say u:
Blogger -Joakim- said...

before you start to compare yourself to diseases..or compare mc'ss just know that i've been through dengue...2nd degree..was suppose to die and lived to tell the tale..HAHAHAHAHAHA :)

YOU ARE NOT GETTING SICK OR WHAT LAH!!!! your body is just begging for a break :)

12:35 AM  
Blogger twenty28eight said...

Second dengue?!?! You jinx or what?!?! But am glad you live to tell the tale.. Gosh!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment
<< Home