Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
Knowing me...
Lady28
Our Voices...

Life Journey...

- September 2005 - October 2005 - November 2005 - December 2005 - January 2006 - March 2006 - April 2006 - May 2006 - June 2006 - August 2006 - September 2006 - November 2006 - December 2006 - February 2007 - March 2007 - April 2007 - May 2007 - June 2007 - July 2007 - August 2007 - September 2007 - October 2007 - November 2007 - December 2007 - January 2008 - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - December 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - April 2009 - May 2009 - July 2009 - September 2009 - December 2009 - January 2010

Connections to My Life...
Shidah MonkeeWrench Naaz PinkMonkie MasterWong 7YearsLater Dedication4 '07

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Pom-Pom-Pom, Anyone?

I was sitting at my overloaded-with-paper-cum-memorabilia worktable when I heard this overly girlish giggle by my neighbour, PinkMonkie. PinkMonkie, by the way, had claimed that I had too much time in hand; that's why I kept hogging on my blog. Finally, after more than five minutes of coyish female giggle (which I know she purposely did to attract my attention), I turned to her and asked, "Okay... what is it?"

And as any coyish female wannabe, she flipped her hair, turned to me, blinked her mascara-laden eyes and answered, "Nothing.. heehee.."

"Come on, PinkMonkie! You've been giggling non-stop. Surely there's something..."

"No lah. No lah. You just read my blog, okay?" came the sweet-saccharine reply.

"Fine. Now you're updating your blog? I thought you were busy. Tsk!"

Ignoring her, I just continued with my work, trying very hard to shut out the catch-me-every-three-seconds giggle. At the end of the day, I was curious what she had written that evoked such strong giggle from her. And guess what? I nearly murder her with my bare hands!

In her newly written blog, PinkMonkie described me as 'looks beyond her age, and doesn't act her age'!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... In other word, I am OLD!!! I wanted to strangle her feminine neck but maybe heaven was protecting her; she was nowhere to be found!

The word OLD is very sensitive to me, especially when I'm reaching the big three zero soon. OLD is for grandmother, OLD is for aunties and OLD is for ah-sohs! Not someone who is petite and cute like moi! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh..........

But sigh... the reality is, I AM OLD. I used to clock less than 13 minutes to run 2.4 km, but now I can't even climb 4 storeys without panting. I used to be able to go training when I'm fasting, but now I can't even fast a day without thinking of the food that I miss. I used to dance whenever I listened to music, but now all I think about is I haven't finish my work. I used to have blemish-free, clear complexion, but now my face can act as a topo map.

Get it?

So back to my devious plan of strangling PinkMonkie to her last breath, I finally found her at her table.

"So, have you read my blog?" she asked sweetly, oblivious to the fact that in a few minutes, she will be a DEAD PinkMonkie.

"You called me old?!?! You're gonna be sooooooooooo dead!!!"

"Aiyah, you're old, what. I'm not lying." she protested.

At that moment, I saw MalayGuru sitting at her usual corner, rushing to finish up her pile. I rushed to her and stood so near her that she could do nothing but to look up and acknowledge me.

"MalayGuru, MalayGuru. I seek you to redress this issue," I appealed.

"What is it, Lady28? I'm in a middle of some.."

"Do I look old?"

Behind me, I heard a snort-cum-giggle (from who else but the going-to-be-dead-soon PinkMonkie). I ignored such distraction and looked imploringly to MalayGuru.

"Err.. well.. err.. you don't look old, you know.." MalayGuru's voice trailed.

"I told you, PinkMonkie! I'm not old! MalayGuru said so!" I said indignantly.

"If you say so.. hmph.." replied PinkMonkie, giving me I-can't-believe-you-think-you're-still-young look.

In the end, PinkMonkie survived from being assassinated by me. I was partially pleased by MalayGuru's partiality. But I guess, MalayGuru's partiality was a result of her wanting to get me off her back. Literally.

So here I am, peering through the mirror, for any signs of wrinkles and old age. Sammi Cheng is so lucky.

Pom-pom-pom, anyone?

*twenty28eight had recently be commented by JaroGee that she has wrinkles and is advised by PurringFeline to have enough sleep to maintain her youth*

0 What say u:

Post a Comment
<< Home